Choosing the best collars for Pit bulls can be challenging because there are so many options with different features.
Pit bulls are very strong, and they usually love to pull on their leashes. So, they need collars with special requirements that suit their strength and work perfectly with them without getting damaged or needling replacement every week.
So, here’s a compilation of some of the best collars on the market that we trust. These collars are all characterized by being durable, safe, secure, and comfortable for the dog. They work for everyday use or training, and they’re also suitable for both adult dogs and puppies.
List of the Best Collars for Pit Bulls in 2022
|Collar||Why Choose It|
|One Tigris Military Adjustable Dog Collar||Best Overall|
|Excellent Elite Spanker Tactical Dog Collar||Runner Up|
|Blueberry Pet Essentials Classic Dog Collar||Best On Budget Collar|
|Riparo Genuine Leather Heavy Duty Dog Collar||Best Leather|
|Aheasoun Prongs Dog Collar||Best for Training|
The 5 Best Collars for Pit Bulls in 2022
1. Best Overall – One Tigris Military Adjustable Dog Collar
This collar deserves to be the top choice on this list and for a good reason, or a few of them actually. It’s specially designed for Pit bulls that suffer from skin irritations.
It’s so gentle and soft with cushion padding to be comfortable on your dog’s skin, and its durability will amaze you.
With this collar, you can walk with your Pitbull easily without suffering from the common issues that most Pit bull owners suffer from. You can control your dog and prevent him from chasing people or other animals.
It also works as an identification for your Pitbull to keep it safe if it gets lost, so anyone who finds him can reach you.
Pros VS Cons
- It’s suitable for dogs with skin allergies
- It’s the best collar choice for giant breeds
- It’s padded with soft cushions, so it will be comfy for your dog’s neck.
- It comes in a variety of sizes
- It’s made from thick and durable
- It’s pull-resistant and can handle heavy pulling
- It allows attaching your dog’s ID tag
- The metal eyeholes for the buckle may fall down after a long time if your dog chews the collar.
- It needs to be cleaned with a soft brush frequently because it collects dirt easily.
If your dog has skin irritations and needs a pull-resistant and durable collar, then this is the best option for you.
2. Second Runner – Excellent Elite Dog Collar
Another excellent choice is this excellent tactical dog collar. It might be a little more expensive compared to other collars, but the high price is worth it for the benefits it offers.
The soft padding in this collar gives your dog the comfort he needs, so it can wear it for long hours without getting annoyed.
It gives you the control you need over your Pitbull when it’s being hyperactive or displaying bad behavior, as the handle is easy to grab.
It’s also very secure as it has extra protection by locking the buckle, so you can train your Pitbull without worrying about it going off-leash suddenly.
Pros VS Cons
- It’s made from durable, high-quality nylon material.
- It is softly padded to provide comfort and prevent chafing.
- It’s size-adjustable and very easy to take on and off due to its quick-release buckle.
- It’s very secure as you can double the protection by locking the buckle.
- Its handle is easy to grab, which provides more control
- It comes with D-ring to attach the leash and a magic sticker ID panel
- It comes with a 90 days warranty period
- The black color on the buckles tends to peel off in the long run
- The buckles are not made from durable materials and might break
- It is expensive compared to other collars on the list
If you need a collar that is suitable for your hyperactive Pitbull so that you can control him, then this is the best option for you.
3. Best On Budget Collar – Blueberry Pet Essentials Classic Dog Collar
This might not look as amazing as the previous collars, but it does its job perfectly!
Its low price does not mean that it’s a weak dollar; it’s actually very secure and will allow you to control your Pit bull easily. You will be surprised by its quality and strength.
This collar is suitable for everyday use or training as it’s very comfortable for the dog. It’s also very easy to wear and take off.
Pros VS Cons
- It’s very affordable
- It’s made from eco-friendly plastic materials
- It’s thick and strong
- It’s suitable for everyday use and training
- It’s easy to take on and off
- It allows you to control the dog easily
- It comes in multiple sizes and colors
- It may not be very durable, but it’s affordable enough to replace.
- The webbing tends to become slippery after many uses.
If you are searching for a collar that offers good value at an affordable price, then this is the best option for you.
4. Best Leather Collar – Riparo Genuine Leather Heavy Duty Dog Collar
You are definitely going to be amazed by the high durability of this leather collar. You will not need to replace it for a very long period!
Even if your dog is scratching or chewing on the collar, it will remain in good shape without getting weak. Leather collars are the strongest and more durable.
It’s perfect for everyday use as well as training as it’s very comfortable and can be worn for long periods. It has a great grab handle that makes it easy for you to control your dog, especially during training sessions.
It comes in various sizes, and it can be adjusted to fit all dogs. You won’t have to worry about it sliding off the dog’s neck as it comes with a sturdy buckle.
This collar is also very classy and fashionable as it comes in various color options. It’s water-resistant and doesn’t collect dirt easily, so it will always look great on your dog’s neck.
Pros VS Cons
- It’s suitable for everyday use and training
- It’s fashionable and comes in various color options
- It’s water-resistant and doesn’t collect dirt easily
- It has secure, sturdy buckles so it won’t slip off
- It’s super durable and strong as it’s made from high-quality leather
- It comes with a great grab handle to make it easy for you to control your dog
- It’s adjustable and comes in various sizes
- The leather material will make the dog want to chew or scratch on it frequently
- It’s expensive compared to other collars on the list
If you are searching for a high-quality collar that’s functional and fashionable at the same time, then this is the best option for you.
5. Best for Training – Aheasoun Prongs Dog Collar
When it comes to training collars, finding a collar characterized by super durability and strength that will not chafe is the key.
This collar is made from durable stainless steel. It’s a metal chain consisting of small metal rings linked together in sets. Each set is designed to tighten on the dog’s neck when it pulls.
Don’t let its design fool you; it’s not hard on your dog’s neck and won’t cause it any harm. It’s actually very gentle and comfortable as its edges have rubber on them that will just pressure slightly on the sides of the dog’s neck.
The size of the collar can be adjusted by adding or removing some of the small metal rings, so it’s suitable for both adult dogs and puppies, basically dogs of all sizes.
It comes with a D-ring that will allow you to control the dog effectively and prevent it from displaying undesirable behaviors like pulling you while walking.
It’s the most ideal for training the dog, but it can also work for everyday use.
Pros VS Cons
- It’s adjustable to suit dogs of all ages and sizes
- It’s made from durable stainless steel metal
- Its edges are protected by rubbers to keep the dog’s neck safe and comfortable
- It’s easy to take put on and take off
- It comes with a D-ring for extra control
- It’s the most ideal for training
- It’s made of metal, so it only comes in one color option
- The rubber on the edges may fall off if your dog keeps chewing on it
- The metal rings might be difficult to remove for some
If you are searching for a durable and comfortable training collar that will suit both puppies and adults, then this is the best option for you.
How to Pick the Best Collar for Pit Bulls?
Collars are highly essential as they help control the dog and keep it safe at all times. They also work as identification tools as many owners write down their dog’s information (name, address, medical problem, etc.) on the collar in case the dog gets lost.
When it comes to a strong muscular breed like Pit bulls, you need to carefully pick the best collars that will withstand their strength and behavior so that you wouldn’t have to replace the collar too often.
So, here are the main features you need to consider to pick the best collar for your Pit bull:
Dog collars are made from various materials. Choosing the material depends on what your dog is comfortable with.
Let’s take a look at some of the most popular materials for dog collars:
Nylon collars are the most popular for Pit bulls. They are the most recommended collars as they are practical and affordable.
They are good for everyday use as they are lightweight, comfortable, and can be easily washed.
However, they can get frayed with time, and they collect dirt easily, so they need to be brushed frequently to keep them clean.
Leather collars last longer than any other collar material, so they don’t need to be replaced often. They’re also characterized by looking classic and fashionable.
They are waterproof and don’t collect dirt easily. However, they’re slightly heavier than nylon collars and significantly more.
Studded collars aren’t a popular choice if you’re looking for a practical collar. Many owners prefer them because they look fashionable and trendy on Pit bulls. They can also work as a protection for the dog from other aggressive dogs.
The Width of the collar is very important as it affects how comfortable the dog will be.
Wide collars help prevent neck injuries and keep your dog feeling comfortable when wearing them. Thin collars, on the other hand, can be so uncomfortable for your dog and more prone to cut the dog’s neck if it pulls too hard.
Use a measuring tape to determine the size of your Pit bull’s neck so you can choose a collar that perfectly fits your dog. Usually, the Pit bull’s neck size ranges between 14 and 18 inches.
The collar shouldn’t be too loose or too tight on the dog’s neck. Make sure that you can slide two fingers between the measuring tape and the dog’s neck.
Pit Bulls can pull twice their body weight easily. So, you need a collar that will provide some pull resistance so you can effectively control the dog.
The collar should have a sturdy grab handle or a D-ring that will allow you to attach a leash. It should also be made from strong, durable materials that won’t break or tear easily with heavy pulling.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Is the Best Material for Pit Bull Collars?
The best material for Pit bull collars is leather. It doesn’t stretch and lasts longer than any other collar material. It’s also waterproof and doesn’t collect dirt easily. It might be more expensive compared to other materials, but it doesn’t need to be replaced too often.
Is a Collar or Harness Better for Controlling Pit Bulls?
A harness is better for controlling Pit bulls as it will handle their strength and hold up if they try to pull on too hard. It will also distribute the pressure on different areas of their bodies, which will help them stay more comfortable if they have to wear the harness for a long time.
If you like this article, share it! (it will mean a lot to us ❤️)