Registering your Bully shows that your dog is purebred and offers a lot of opportunities to participate in competitions held by reputable organizations.
In order to register your dog, there are a lot of papers needed. But what if you don’t have any papers for your dog? Does that mean that you don’t have any chance of registering your dog? No worries, there is still a chance.
How to Register A Bully Without Papers? To register a Bully without papers, you need to fill out an application for the PAL program, which is offered by the AKC. Make sure that the information in the application is complete before submitting it, and keep in mind your dog can only compete in certain events, not all of them.
Continue reading to learn more about the requirements of registering a Bully and how to register your dog with no papers.
Can You Register A Bully Without Papers?
Unfortunately, you can’t register a Bully without papers. Both parents of your dog must be fully registered in order to get a limited or full registration.
If one of the parents or both of them have limited registration, it prevents the dog from being registered. Also, if one of the parents has no registration, it prevents the dog from registering, even if the other parent has full registration.
Both the parents must have full registration, so you can successfully register your dog without any problems.
What If You Don’t Have Any Papers?
In case you don’t have any papers for your Bully, there is still a chance to register if your Bully is purebred. The registration program for dogs with no papers is called the PAL program, and it is offered by the American kennel club.
Keep in mind that the dog will only be allowed to participate in limited events and competitions held by the AKC, not all of them. Also, the dog must be spayed or neutered in order to be eligible for registration.
How to Register A Bully?
If you want to register a Bully in ABKC (American Bully Kennel Club), then follow these steps:
- Go to the official website of the ABKC.
- Click on the “Registration” section.
- Then, scroll all the way down until you see “single registration,” then click on it. At this point, The registration form will appear to you.
- Fill the application with your info, (if you got no co-owner, then leave the co-owner name and information box empty)
- When it comes to filling in your Bully’s information, make sure that you fill it exactly as it is in the pedigree paper.
- After filling in all information, you will be asked to upload a picture of your dog’s pedigree and all the inside pages of it.
- You will be asked to upload three pictures of your dog, one from the front and two from both sides of the dog.
- Then, it is time to pay the fee. It is $30, but you are going to be charged an additional $15 for processing fees. The available payment methods are credit card, debit card, or PayPal.
- You can speed up the paperwork by clicking on “2 days express”, but you will be charged extra fees.
- Finally, click submit. Once you click on it, they are going to ask you for your payment information.
Rules for Single Registration
In order to register your Bully, There are some rules that you must know about single registration in ABKC, which are as the following:
- You must have a completed UKC Application for Single Registration.
- The Bully you are registering for must be at least 6 months of age.
- If available, a copy of your Bully’s registration certificate.
- You must have your Bully’s complete three-generation photocopy or handwritten pedigree.
- Three clear pictures. One picture is from the front, and the other two pictures are from both sides of the Bully, and the dog must be standing in all photos.
- The photos must be in a JPEG or PDF file format.
Keep in mind that the processing time for the application takes from 4 to 6 weeks on average.
How to Register A Bully Without Papers?
If you want to register a Bully in the PAL program offered by the AKC, then follow these steps:
- Confirm that your Bully is neutered or spayed, and at the age of 6 months at least. This is mandatory, so if your dog is not neutered or spayed, consider going to your vet and getting the procedure done.
- Take two clear pictures of your Bully. One from the front to show the facial characteristics of your dog, and the other picture from the side of your Bully to show their body. Make sure that your dog is not standing on the grass while taking these photos.
- Download the official PAL application and print to fill out the required information about you and your dog.
- You can also request the application by emailing “[email protected]“. If you want the application to be mailed to you, make sure that you write an accurate address.
- When it comes to the payment method, if you decide to pay the fee with a credit card or a debit card, the AKC is going to charge you using the information that you have provided in the application.
If your Bully gets accepted, you will receive the following:
- A certificate
- Subscription to AKC Family Dog magazine
- A complimentary vet visit
- 30 days of pet insurance
- Your Bully is going to be qualified for AKC Companion and some performance events.
I have another guide on how to register Pit Bulls without papers that you can check out.
How Much Does it cost to register a bully?
Here is a quick breakdown of the fees required to register one dog or more.
|Number of dogs||Fees|
|Litter Registration||varies based on litter size|
|Each individual pup for the first 10 pups||$10 per puppy|
|Litters more than 10 pups||Each puppy after the 10th is free.|
Check out this guide on how much American Bullies cost for more information.
How Much Does an American Bully Cost Without Papers?
The average cost of an American bully without papers is about $600, while the average of an American Bully with papers can start from $1000 and go up to $5000. Papers are very important and can cause a huge difference in the dog’s cost because it is the indicator that your dog is purebred.
How Do I Get Pedigree Papers for My Dog?
To get the pedigree papers for your dog, contact the breeder to know the pedigree information, order a pedigree through the AKC website at a lower cost and decide if you want to go back 4 or 5 generations. Make sure that the registered name must be different from the name that you call your dog.
My Top Picks for American Bullies!
If you like this article, share it! (it will mean a lot to us ❤️)